Saturday, February 09, 2013

Documenting Nemo: Personal Photos From New England

The car pictured (below) may have been parked by a person who learned how to park on the Internet. Could the car owner also be dating a French model*?

My son Malcolm, who lives in South Boston, documented, in a series of photographs, the developing Nemo blizzard - via a parked car.

He found that an unknown individual in his neighborhood, soon after the driving ban went into effect in Massachusetts, had parked their car.

Various items of note include:

The passenger side window is down.

The vehicle is parked in front of a fire hydrant.

The driver decided to park the wrong way for vehicles on that side of the street.

Here are the photos:





Four photos by ©Malcolm Cone-Coleman, 2013.

*Footnote: This video references my above headline/comment, and is posted here for my out-of-country readers who are unaware of this.




++++
Other photos....

Front porch door left open for the cat to come in...and the snow too,

from my son Caleb, at his home in Portland...
There use to be a deck there.

As Nemo began, near sunset, Friday night, Feb 8th, at my home.

And at 11 am, Saturday morning, Feb 9th.


This is after the storm, at 11:30 am, Sunday morning, Feb 10th.

Other photographs from around noon, Sun, Feb 10th, below:





Below is my home as pictured in Libbytown, Portland, Maine, in 1924, when that photo was taken. The residence was built in 1915. It may be a Sears & Roebuck or a Montgomery Ward "kit" house.

UPDATE
 (Feb. 8-9, 2013)
Record snowfall of 31.9 inches set in Portland, Maine, breaking previous record of 27.1 inches set in 1979 -


Meanwhile, Downtown Portland was without traffic and cleaning up, over the weekend.










2 comments:

Brizdaz (Darren) said...

Amazing scenes.
To someone who has lived his whole life in Australia,these scenes are totally alien to me.
May as well be on another planet,it is so far removed from my life experience.

The day I have to shovel snow off my car to get out of my driveway the world will be in deep trouble.

D.B. Echo said...

So it looks like this person parked roughly 1/64" from the other car. I hope the other person has room to back up.